ACMP Board of Directors Election
Call for Nominations
Are you interested in serving on the ACMP Board of Directors?
We are pleased to announce that the Call for Nominations for applicants interested in serving on the 2019-20 Board of Directors is open from December 17, 2018 – January 11, 2019.
Past and present Directors have shared that they found their experience rewarding. They valued the opportunity to work together towards achieving our vision and mission, enhancing our programs and services and supporting the strengthening of our staff team. As they serve, ACMP’s board members give and gain experience in association governance, strategy development and execution.
As a global organization, we are determined to have a diverse Board and are keen to hear from individuals anywhere in the world who are interested in serving as a Director.
Would You Like to Learn More?
ACMP Board of Directors must be members of ACMP. The three-year term would begin June 1, 2019 and conclude on May 31, 2022.
Call for Nominations Application
Ideal Qualities of Candidate:
- Financial acumen
- Visionary and strategic thinker
- Team player who communicates effectively
- Consensus builder
- Entrepreneurial and innovative insight
- A range of business leadership and management skills
Key Aspects of the Role:
- Together with fellow Board Members, speak as a united voice on behalf of ACMP and work together to solve problems, make decisions and guide the organization
- Articulate ACMP's Vision, Mission and Strategic Objectives and gain support through advocacy
- Actively participate in the planning process and assist in implementing and monitoring the plan’s goals
- Secure adequate resources for the organization to fulfill its mission and assist in developing the annual budget and ensuring that proper financial controls are in place
- Determine which programs are consistent with the organization’s mission and monitor their effectiveness
- The board is ultimately responsible for adherence to legal standards and ethical norms
- Listen and respond to the interests and concerns of members and other key stakeholders
- Support the work of volunteers and staff
A Board position carries responsibility and accountability and Directors must meet certain standards of conduct. These standards are:
Duty of Care
The duty of care describes the level of competence that is expected of a board member and is commonly expressed as the duty of “care that an ordinarily prudent person would exercise in a like position and under similar circumstances.” This means that a board member owes the duty to exercise reasonable care when he or she makes a decision as a steward of the organization.
Duty of Loyalty
The duty of loyalty is a standard of faithfulness; a board member must give undivided allegiance when making decisions affecting the organization. This means that a board member can never use information obtained as a member for personal gain, but must act in the best interests of the organization.
Duty of Obedience
The duty of obedience requires board members to be faithful to the organization’s mission. They are not permitted to act in a way that is inconsistent with the central goals of the organization. A basis for this rule lies in the public’s trust that the organization will manage donated funds to fulfil the organization’s mission. This duty also requires board members to obey the law and the organization’s internal rules and regulations.
Time Commitment for BOD Members:
- Meet face to face 3 or more times per year, typically for 2 days per meeting
- Offer at least 5 hours per week for online meetings, reviews, material development, etc. This includes preparation for BoD meetings, fulfilment of standard BoD duties, preparation for and participation in Committee meetings for which the BoD Member is a Liaison.
- Further time, as agreed, to any project or Task Force
If you are interested in this opportunity and believe that you have the required knowledge, experience and skills, we would like to hear from you.
Complete the Call for Nominations Application by clicking the button below.
Call for Nominations Application
- December 17 – January 11: Call for Nominations
- January – March: Committee reviews candidates, interviews & election candidates chosen
- Early April (dates TBD): Election
- End of April: Announcement of New BOD Members
If you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Thank you for your interest!